Sometimes you just get lucky. The Filipino people love children, which is already a huge bonus. While staying at the Bohol Bee Farm, I met a fellow mom and her adorable son, Eiden (almost the exact age as Lily). The kids immediately hit it off, and mom Kady and I did too. They're from Marseille, so I got the chance to practice my rusty French.
After hanging out at the resort a few times, Kady and I decided to venture out. We got a very kind and patient driver for the day. Then, we headed out to see the island with our little adventurers. After getting a short tour, we went to the Butterfly Garden. Lily and Eiden loved getting to know each other while looking at the butterflies.
After driving through a huge forest and stopping for a local lunch, we headed to the Loboc river. In the little boat we rented, our captain navigated us past floating markets and restaurants.
We ended our day at the Tarsier Sanctuary. Tarsiers are native nocturnal primates, about the size of a hand. Tiny and somewhere between cute and creepy...they're also fantastic at hide and go seek. There are eight at the sanctuary, but we spotted just three (only with the help of a guide). Not surprisingly, the little ones didn't care how many tarsiers we saw. They had a great time.
I have to say, having some mommy time while Lily and her new friend explored the beauty of the Philippines was absolutely incredible. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip, at least from the "mom" perspective.

Comments
Post a Comment