So, we're two months into the world tour, and no one has killed each other. Kidding, but traveling can be as tough as it is exciting and wonderful. Luckily, we have visited some very baby-friendly destinations.
Capri was stunning and lots of fun (see my EatDrinkTravelGirl blog post for more). It is also the most baby-obsessed place I've ever seen. The full-time residents treat babies like royalty. By the end of our time there, I was sure Lily was going to think here name was "Ciao Bella," because that is all we heard walking down the street. We were never without a seat on the local bus, and people genuinely went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable in restaurants and stores...even in glamorous Capri.
I had to reset my comfort level a bit with strangers touching my baby, because Italian culture is all about touching babies...stranger's babies. Everyone is so well-intentioned that I just had to get over it--pretty quickly.
Lily loved all the attention, and I think she enjoyed Capri as much as her parents did. She had a blast at the beaches, and became obsessed with the food. Her organic California produce and lean protein gave way to lots of pasta and bread...not to mention the occasional taste of gelato. I had to limit her, because after the first few bites, she was literally begging for more ("Mom, me....Mom, me"). I have to say, she makes a very cute carb addict.
Whenever we return to Capri (hopefully soon), I'm sure Lily will have her bag packed and ready to go.
Comments
Post a Comment