South Africa is one of my absolute favorite places. Traveling there with Lily for the first time, I was thrilled to find out that it's also incredibly child-friendly. 

Lily loves the beach as much as her parents do, so she had a lot of fun in the Cape Town sand. Clifton 4th Beach was a favorite. Grand Africa Cafe, my go-to Cape Town beach club, was the perfect place for her to run around.


One of the coolest experiences was seeing her reaction to the famous resident penguins at Boulders Beach. Lily was unsure what to make of them at first. She promptly decided that penguins are hilarious. 

Surprisingly, the surrounding wine country also offered a lot for the little ones. We went to a strawberry farm with our good friends, in a beautiful area near Stellenbosch. Lily loved picking (and eating) the strawberries. 

Since we were in Cape Town for a full month, I enrolled Lily in not one, but two music classes. It was sometimes more than I wanted to do, but it was worth it to see Lily's face light up when we arrived at each class. Lily loves music more than I can begin to express. Hmm...I wonder where she got that from. Anyway, she loved both classes, but she had a special connection with Lize at Kindermusik...and the class mascot, a stuffed lion.



It's great to know that the next time we visit Cape Town, Lily will be as happy to see this gem of a city as her parents. Until next time, South Africa!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog